Nursing HQ Pty Ltd ABN 24 605 826 499 (‘Nursing HQ’, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy. As part of this commitment this Privacy Statement outlines how Nursing HQ manages the personal information we collect and hold about our clients, service providers/suppliers and employees.
Collection of information
When collecting personal information, Nursing HQ will, where possible indicate:
- the purpose for the collection and use of the information;
- to whom it may be disclosed; and,
- how you can request access to the information.
Nursing HQ only collects information that it needs in order to operate as a home care provider. To assist in determining the suitability of client services and to ensure the health and safety of individuals involved in delivering services to an individual we may request information about:
- your name, gender, address, phone number(s) and other contact information;
- your date of birth;
- your health;
- your financial institutions for billing purposes or payment wages and salaries or accounts;
- records of our interactions with you such as written notes, either paper-based or electronic;
- preference for particular activities and/or events; and
- feedback on our services.
Nursing HQ will always endeavour to collect all information directly from you. However, from time to time, we may also obtain information from other sources, such as your family or nominated representative(s). If you choose not to provide us with information we request, we may not be able to provide you with the care and services you require.
Use of Personal Information
Nursing HQ uses the personal information it collects for the purposes of providing private home care services and for the effective operations of its business. This includes, but is not limited to:
- providing appropriate services and care;
- enabling contact and lawfully liaising with substitute decision maker(s) regarding a client’s health status;
- providing data to government agencies as described in state and federal law;
- providing information in order to receive appropriate entitlements from state and federal agencies;
- undertaking employee selection, recruitment and management activities;
- undertaking quality assurance and stakeholder satisfaction activities;
- practicing effective risk management; and
- resolving concerns.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Nursing HQ only disclosures personal information to undertake and manage the care and services it provides to clients and to operate an efficient and sustainable business. As such, Nursing HQ may disclose information to third parties including, but not limited to:
- health professionals and health services that may be involved in managing or treating you;
- any person(s) acting on our behalf, including professional advisers and consultants;
- service providers and suppliers engaged by us;
- state and federal government and regulatory bodies;
- any authority, agency or individual, where disclosure is permitted or required by law.
Where Nursing HQ engages contractors, service providers or others to act on our behalf, we will take reasonable steps to protect the privacy of all information disclosed and require such parties to comply with any relevant privacy laws. You have the right to ask these organisations or contractors for access to information they hold about you.
If we send your personal information outside of Australia we will require that the recipient of the information complies with privacy laws and contractual obligations to maintain the security of the data.
Nursing HQ will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses, and discloses is accurate and current. It does so via its own internal quality systems and auditing procedures.
If you believe any information that we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period and will take reasonable steps to amend your records.
Protection and Security of Personal Information
Nursing HQ holds personal information in a combination of secure electronic and hard copy formats. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information held by us is protected from misuse, loss and unauthorised, modification or disclosure. Such steps include:
- secure physical storage of documents;
- office premises security measures;
- network and communications security measures; and
- quality system procedures.
Nursing HQ will keep information for as long as it is required to be able to provide the intended service(s) or to meet legal and regulatory requirements. Nursing HQ will take reasonable steps to permanently de-identify or securely destroy personal information that we no longer require for any purpose except in limited permitted circumstances.
Accessing your Personal Information
You have a right to reasonable access to any information that Nursing HQ holds about you. To request access to your information, please contact our Privacy Officer (contact details are outlined below). We may ask you to provide your request in writing detailing the information you are seeking to access and, if you are an authorised representative, to provide documented evidence that lawfully authorises to act on the individual’s behalf. We reserve the right to charge for providing access to certain information, as permitted by law, and you will be informed of this at the time of your request. We will always endeavour to meet your request for access within a reasonable timeframe and in the manner requested by you if it is reasonable to do so.
However, in some circumstances we may decline a request for access to information such as where we no longer hold the information, or where denying access is permitted or required by law. If we are unable to give you access to the information you have requested, we will give you written reasons for this decision when we respond to your request.
Online Date Use and Protection
When you access Nursing HQ website, anonymous technical information may be collected about user activities on the website. This may include information such as the date and time you accessed the website, the type of browser used to access the website and the pages of the website you visited and any documents you downloaded. This information is used by us to make decisions about maintaining and improving our website and online services. This information remains anonymous and is not linked in any way to personal identification details.
We provide links to useful websites on our website. While we have confidence in these website these linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statement.
Contacting Nursing HQ
If you have any questions, feedback or concerns about this privacy statement or how your personal information is handled by Nursing HQ, you can contact our Privacy Officer at the main office on 07 3161 6168 (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday, AEST).
You can also contact us by fax, mail or email:
Private and Confidential, Privacy Officer
PO Box 2068
GRACEVILLE EAST QLD 4075
07 3171 2468